Over the year, we also organized many events overseas along with international partners and stakeholders. This included recruitment and marketing missions for CICan members, as well as forums and meetings aimed at sharing expertise and best-practices through our different Education for Employment (EFE) programs.
- From October 18-21, we had the pleasure of leading a delegation of 20 participants to the 19th China Annual Conference for International Education & Expo (CACIE) in Beijing.
- In October, we led a group of 10 colleges and institutes to take part in a one-day Technical and Vocational Education Forum in Jakarta, Indonesia.
- During the same month, we worked with the Commission on Higher Education (CHED) in the Philippines to sponsor a 2-day conference focusing on the themes of Indigenizing Education, Innovation/Applied Research and Agriculture /Agri-Business. Seven CICan members had the chance to discuss their specific areas of expertise with approximately 30 Filipino post-secondary education institutions with the purpose of developing institutional partnerships.
- In March, we organized a Forum on Gender Equality and the Extractive Sector in Chile. This is part of a series of forums to be held in each country participating in the Education for Employment in the Pacific Alliance program.
- Also in March, we organized a Marketing and Recruitment Mission to Manila with participation from 28 members from across seven provinces.